Lesson 5 - Patterns

In this lesson, we did patterns from our drawings. I wanted to make it simple but stylish. I made my drawings only with line marker and I coloured them in photoshop.


For the first pattern, I used two drawings of doughnuts. I wanted to make something simple, girly and trendy. Doughnuts are quite popular now, so I made them with pink and lilac colour, one slightly bigger than the other one. I am satisfied with this pattern, it looks nice, doughnuts in corners fit together. Few people told me that it reminds them of The Simpsons but I have never seen that show.







In my second pattern, I wanted to try coloured background and I chose to work with natural objects, animals. I liked the rabbit and the squirrel the most, so I used them although it was a bit difficult to erase the background. I didn't want to fill them with colour, because I like the line art, so I experimented a little with lighter lines and dark background, which in my opinion doesn't look bad.








I really enjoyed working with a coloured background, so I continued with it. After a girlish and a natural pattern I wanted to do something different again. This task was a bit difficult only because themes of drawings didn't fit me very well and I had a problem to make enough drawings and also to choose from them. But after all, I chose a car and tried to make a pattern for a typical child room. I used neutral, calming colours which are not really dark or too saturated.







Then I tried to make few more patterns using different techniques.






























For the last pattern, we had to fill an object with different patterns. I made two patterns with hard round brush with pen pressure on opacity and huge spacing. Using them, I coloured a snake, which looks more 3D now.




Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar