Final brief - The Metamorphosis

Research


For my final brief I researched interior design from central Europe in early 1900's to 1920's era. I used mainly pinterest and a book by Mitchell Beazley "The Bedroom Book" which I found very inspirational.

Pinterest



The Bedroom Book







My bed designs


After few designs, I decided to work on ideas for three final illustrations.






When I knew what I want to do, I researched men's hairstyles on google in that era for Gregor.





When I looked to for other artists inspiration, I found three brilliant artists who inspired me to do silhouettes and flat colour illustrations.

Rianna Moller






Jared Nickerson





Alison Russell




My first drafts, linearts and fonts









Processes











Screenshots









Finished illustrations





 (Alternative cover)

I have decided to add both, cover and the quote, because I think both work very well and are equally good. Overall I think my illustrations are successful and they depict the mood and story of the book properly. My final brief is described more in detail in my learning report.
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar