Homework - movement

For the homework, we were supposed to draw 4 drawings of movement. First two drawings are from a primary reference, which is life drawing. I think I did much better than in the lecture because I knew what I am going to do and also it was a smaller format or paper.


For drawings from secondary reference, I found videos on youtube. The first is a girl dancing contemporary dance. In the video, there were tow girls but I decided to draw only one of them and I took approximately one minute part of the video (LINK HERE). At first, I drew a small thumbnail to see how she moves and plan how to lay out space on the paper. I think it looks quite well and I found it challenging because she was moving very quickly and she did so many different movements. Especially the first part (on the left side) was difficult to capture.


For the second one I wanted to try something slower, so I took approximately 40 seconds of the intro from the official music video of The 1975 - Somebody else which was easier to draw than the dancing one but I still had to plan how to draw him walking in the room to the sofa. I also started with a small thumbnail in the corner to plan it and then I drew the sink, the sofa and a line of his movement. Overall I am quite happy with this homework because I can see the progress from the drawings I did in the lesson.




Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar