Lesson 5 - Leaf

For this task, we had to make an animation of a leaf in the wind. At first, I drew a trajectory of the leaf, which was very long and I had to draw 150 drawings to make this animation. I liked the trajectory and it was challenging so I decided to leave it as it was.


Then I drew few sketches of a rotating leaf and because I still wasn't sure how to rotate it, I made a leaf from a paper which helped me to see how the leaf can fly and move.



The final animation is not bad although I am not satisfied with everything. I wanted to make slow it down and speed it up, but I haven't made big enough loops to show proper timing. I used a technique called boiling for moves of the leaf on the ground. I quite like the part when the leaf is on the ground for the first time and I also like when it comes closer. The end could be slower but I ran out of paper.

I also coloured one side of the leaf black, because now it is more visible how the leaf is twisting.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar