Lesson 6 - Movement

This lesson we started with quick sketches again. They are not really bad, although the proportions are still not perfect. Then we continued sketching Mel constantly moving between 3 different poses, which was really difficult because she was moving and the poses were not easy to capture, especially from that angle. I can see that the upper half of Mel's body looks like it is drawn from a totally different angle than her legs, which makes it really wrong.



Then we moved to another exercise, which was even more difficult. I have never tried to capture movement like this before, so I struggled a lot, trying to draw someone who is moving, especially when my anatomy drawing skills aren't really good. I need to find out how to draw quicker so I will be able to capture a moving person better.



After drawing movement, we did exercises where we could choose what do we want to focus on. I tried to do different drawings of the whole body with and without shading where I focused on the foreshortening and proportions, I did a hand detail and feet details because drawing hands and feets is one of my biggest struggles. I also tried to sketch a classmate with an easel. My favourite drawings from this exercise are those two with the whole body and the hand, I think they are the most successful ones and I think I am much better at drawing human body than I used to be.


On another paper, when Mel changed pose, I tried to focus on her face and I drew two portraits, one with shading and one without it. I think they are both quite good, I like the shading on the first one, Then I tried to draw a hand and a foot again, the foot from this angle looks definitely better than the one before. I also like how the tonal figure without sketching and lines turned out. The last two drawings of the whole model were drawn with different media, the charcoal one took only a few minutes, the one drawn with a graphite pencil looks proportionally better.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar