Lesson 8 - Riverside walk

This lesson we did location drawing around the river Severn. I met friend Addison and he joined me, so I sketched him looking at the river and sitting on a bench and I also did few sketches of ideas I wanted to draw.


Then I tried to draw the one with bridge and river but after two attempts with charcoal and Gioconda, I wasn't satisfied with it at all. Now, looking at it, I don't think it's that bad, but back then I felt desperately again, so I left it for another day.


When I came back to the riverside, I decided to start with the house in the docks but I put in next to the river because I though it will look more aesthetically pleasing. I also added few trees in the background. I still wasn't really happy with my drawing skills so I changed charcoal for Gioconda and I tried to draw something else. I liked those old crooked willows so I drew them, except I removed people and a bench. I was happy with this drawing and I think it's the most successful one. Then I tried to draw the bridge again, using a continuous line technique and although I am not very happy about it and I also forgot to draw Addison there, I finished it and moved to the last drawing. I wanted to draw people as well so I added a couple walking next to the river. I tried to draw sky with clouds again and I think it looks better than in the drawing of an amusement park from the Christmas break homework.





Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar