Lesson 7 - Life drawing

In this lesson, we again started with quick sketches. The less time we had, the more complicated it was and I found out that I have to do this exercise more, although I think the one-minute sketch is quite successful and I also think the 30-seconds one isn't really bad. Those shorter ones were very difficult to capture, because I just started drawing and I had to finish, I didn't even had time to think about how to start it.


The next exercise was fun but a bit confusing, because we drew the same pose three times from a different angle but on the same sheet of paper, covering the last one. Although we used a different media for each drawing, the more lines I had there, the less I could see what I am drawing. However, I think the drawing is quite good and proportions are almost correct. I also think it was a good exercise to try different media and colours.


I am happy with my last two drawings from this lesson. I think I can say that proportions in this first one are drawn almost correctly, although Mel's head was falling lower and lower during the drawing. I didn't have enough time to do the shading but I think the shaded part is three-dimensional and it's coming out of the paper properly. In the second one I tried to use coloured pencils and this time I did all shading except the head, which is also a bit incorrect to the body. But I think the body looks good, it's also coming out of the picture and the proportions look okay to me. Unfortunately, I forgot to sketch the space around her and the scarf she was lying on is sketched only with yellow pencil, which makes it not very visible and then I didn't have enough time to draw it so she looks like floating in the white space.







Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar