Lesson 5 - Three-dimensional drawing

This lesson's warming up exercises were drawing the space around us in a continuous line. I found it quite difficult because I couldn't stop drawing and measure distance, perspective and proportions of all objects in the classroom. However, I find my first sketch quite successful. The second one isn't as good as the first one. We exchanged places with my classmates, to draw it from another angle and the first angle was probably better for me. Maybe I shouldn't draw so much empty space on the left side, although there are those white blocks.



Then we continued with drawing Mel. This time we focused on space, three-dimensionality, light and shadow. We were drawing on sugar paper of much smaller size than we usually draw. I am not used to drawing on paper of different colour than white so it was interesting to try a new technique with white chalk. I think my drawings are all quite successful, although I can see my mistakes. I like how the model's body looks in the first drawing but the blocks behind her could have been shaded a bit differently because they aren't as three-dimensional as they should be. Tops of the blocks should be definitely darker on the furthest side. In the second picture, I think the model is too dark and shadows on the walls don't make so much sense. Especially the wall on right shouldn't be as white as it is. In the third picture Mel's body looks three-dimensional. This time I tried to smudge it together a bit and I quite like how it worked. I could work more in the background because it looks rushed and unfinished.








Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar