Lesson 3 - Skeleton and anatomy

This lesson was different because our model posed with a skeleton. I find skeletons quite difficult to draw because of all those small details. 
The first exercise was fun because we had to draw with a white candle without being able to see on the paper what we are drawing, and then do an ink wash to reveal what we made. It was very hard to draw the skeleton without seeing where it is on the paper, but I think I did quite well.



The second exercise was Mel posing with the skeleton three times and although the skeleton is difficult, I wasn't struggling that much. I am satisfied with the first two drawings, the composition is nice, especially in the first one. The third drawing was very difficult because, from my angle, Mel was standing right behind the skeleton, but I think I did quite well.




The next exercise was to fill the whole page with charcoal and then to erase the light parts. This is my favourite charcoal technique so I really enjoyed it although it was difficult to keel the right proportions and angles, especially of the human body.


The last drawing was again Mel posing with the skeleton and I am very happy how this one turned out. I really like the shading on Mel's body, her proportions and the composition of the whole picture. It was difficult to get the proportions of the skeleton properly, because I could see only parts of it but I think it works okay together.






Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar