Lesson 1 - Dreams and nightmares

This was the first lesson of the subject Digital Processes. I was curious about this subject because as an active amateur photographer and beginning digital artist, I really enjoy working with photoshop.

The task was to create a collage that visualises our dreams and nightmares. I wasn't really sure what I want to create because my dreams and nightmares are usually so realistic that I can't tell if they really happened or not. I decided to let my subconscience do its work and I just put together what caught my attention. Somewhere in the middle of my work, I realised what I am creating and I continued with it.

My final piece of work depicts two people with connected hearts because they belong together. The one on the left is made of medical study drawing because he makes decisions based on rational thoughts and pushes away his feelings, so as we can see, he acts like he doesn't care. The one on the right is made of a statue because he is "art", more emotional and makes his decisions based on his feelings. He has hope and sadness in his eyes and he leans towards the person on the left, although he doesn't seem interested in him. Scorpions symbolise the poison, which means that this situation can kill and it also hurts so much. Eyes wide open shows waking up into the reality and the needles symbolise the painful truth. The picture shows my current existing somewhere between reality, dreams and nightmares.



Work in progress:







Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar