Lesson 4 - Digital Painting

For homework, we had to take 20 photos of Worcester make few quick drawings. I really enjoyed this, because taking photos is one of my hobbies, so I had a chance to take my camera for a walk again, after quite long time.





  










This lesson we were painting in photoshop using a graphic tablet. I am not very skilled in digital painting, I have done only a few pictures in the past (link here), but I used to work with a different technique - I draw everything in Photoshop, I don't use a sketchbook. But after all, I think it looks okay, although I would do the edges differently now. It was also the first time I was painting with other brush than a round one (except the last lesson). This time I used my own brush from the last lecture.













For the second task, we did a digital painting with tracing one of the photos we took for the homework. I am not really a fan of tracing photos for a painting, I always use photos only as a reference for the sketch. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to finish this painting.



Update: I finished the painting.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar