Lesson 4 - Life model and animals

Drawing animals is one of my biggest weaknesses, that's why I found this lesson quite stressful. We started with quick sketches of animals, where I already felt this isn't going to be easy. But I took it as a challenge, because if I struggle to draw something, I need to draw it until I get better so I was looking at shapes and composition of all animals around the model and also if the model herself. In every exercise we drew more animals around Mel which made it more difficult when it came to composition and measuring angles and distance between objects, animals and the model. In the end I was quite happy because I can see the progress I made from the first drawing to the last one, not only in proportions and the composition but also in the drawing style of the picture.







After drawing Mel with all animals we had to make cutouts of the animals and Mel from textures which we made before all exercises. It was very creative and playful task because we could change the spatial relationships between Mel, animals and objects. In the beginning I was struggling a bit, because I wasn't sure what I want to do, but after all it turned out okay in my opinion. Looking at the picture later, maybe it would look even better with a background.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar