Lesson 2 - Life Drawing

In the first lesson we did life drawing. I haven't done it before, that's why I was worried. I have never been good at drawing human body and figures. It turned out better than I expected, although I can see all my mistakes which I need to improve.

Graphite pencil 3B, 20 minutes
My favourite graphite pencil for sketching is 3B, but I think it is too light for A1 paper. I am also used to drawing on small papers, this was a huge change for me, but I like it.

Graphite pencil 3B, 10 - 5 - 2,5 minutes
Another challenge for me was drawing really fast. My drawings usually take very long time, that's why I was scared of drawing in a few minutes, but I've got used to it quickly.

Without looking on the paper, charcoal, 15 minutes
Drawing without looking was a little bit uncomfortable, because I couldn't look anywhere else but on our model and she was looking at me all the time. It was also the first time I used charcoal. 

Semi-blind drawing, charcoal, 15 minutes
I am not really sure what happend to my hand when I tried to draw the nose. I enjoyed drawing with charcoal, but semi-blind drawing was still difficult for me.

Liner, silver sharpie, charcoal, 10 minutes
Drawing with three differrent medias in 10 minutes was challenging too (I think all drawing lessons are challenging for me and that's good). I had to draw really fast because after 5 minutes I used only a liner.

Left-handed, graphite pencil 3B, 20 minutes
I am still surprised how this drawing looks almost like it's supposed to look, because drawing with my non-dominant hand has always been a disaster for me. Long straight lines are really bad, but I quite like the hand and torso.

Graphite pencils 3B,5B, 30 minutes
Although this should be the best drawing of the lesson, I think it was the worst one. I didn't have enough time, because the posture was complicated. I also don't like my shading here, 
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar