Homework - hands

When I found out that we had to draw hands for the homework, I was worried, because drawing hands was (and still is) one of my biggest struggles (with human figure of course).

We were supposed to draw hand holding different objects, so for my first drawing I chose a knife. I used black liner as a medium because I wanted to create more dramatic look.

I didn't know what to choose as a second objects, because I didn't want to draw the same objects as I had used for drawing negative space and still life self-portrait, and I don't have many things from home in the halls. I found a small glass bottle with crystals inside and I remembered Alice in Wonderland and I drew my hand holding the bottle with purple drink in it.


For next drawing of my hand holding a necklace I tried to use charcoal again. I am not good with charcoal because I am used to drawing details and charcoal doesn't work with details very well. That's why I am not satisfied with this one at all.


For the 4th drawing I used coloured pencils. It was too dark outside to draw it with natural light, so I challenged myself and tried to draw it with small yellow light. I am not sure if I like it, it's definitely not the best one but it was my first attempt to draw colours and shadows like this. I am also used do drawing with graphite/coloured pencils on smooth paper and this sketchbook has textured paper in it (I had had this problem with still life self-portrait too).


On my last picture I worked with Kristina (link here) because we thought it could be interesting to draw a hand holding another hand. I decided to use black liner and watercolours, but I needed to be careful, because my sketchbook's papier isn't for watercolurs. That's why it has only light shades and no dark shadows. I painted our hands with shades of blue, my hand is more purple-blue and Kristina's hand is more turqoise, so they match our hair colour. It was the most complicated drawing in this homework but I think it's my favourite one.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar