Homework 1 - Self-portrait

For the first homework we had to draw a self-portrait from a mirror. In the past years I have drawn many portraits from photos and I've got quite good at it, that's why I was scared to do this homework. I had never drawn myself before and after the first drawing lesson I have felt like I couldn't draw anything. When I finally did the self-portrait, I felt even worse, because it proved my worries were right. It turned out really bad. I felt really miserable and I decided to try it again. I didn't have time to do it whole month which helped me to find out what I had done wrong - I had tried to do something that isn't my style and without my techniques. For this second time I dropped the front view, contrast lights and shadows. This time I drew myself from the 3/4 profile view, which is usually considered as the hardest angle but for me it's the easiest angle. I also used harder pencils for shading - not only 3B, 6B and 8B as before in my first try, but I used 4H, 2H, H, B, 2B, 3B and 5B.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar