Week 6 - Tonal Drawing

This lesson we have done tonal drawings with different medias and techniques. We began with 5 quick 1-minute sketches and because quick sketches are my worst nightmare, they look exactly like that. 


So the lesson started really bad but continued a bit better. We had to do two 5-minute drawings, without using lines. They don't look good, but still better than I expected.


I honestly don't know what to think about these two. It's not really bad, but I am not satisfied. Probably I did the proportions incorrectly.



They are not a disaster but I don't like them. And I am not friend with charcoal.

Next, we continued doing almost the same but with coloured hard pastels. We used two contrasting colours, one for lights and one for shadows.

These two are not contrasting enough, or maybe blue just can't look like light. I don't know but the head is too small and I think legs in this pose just can't look correctly.


This one is proportionally better but it was already dark outside and we worked with artificial lighting, I couldn't see yellow properly. And I just hate the yellow colour.


On the last one, I worked with watercolour. Proportionally, it looks like spaghetti with a big head. But I quite like the torso. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to add darker shadows.


Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar